The top 5 forklift safety additions to add to your lift truck are paramount in ensuring the safety of everyone in and around forklifts in your facility.
Southeast Industrial Equipment takes safety to another level for our customers by offering a centralized parts department with over $2 million in inventory ready to add the following 5 things we think you need added to your lift truck.
- The Toyota Genuine Blue LED Pedestrian Light is one that we recommend added to every lift truck we sell, lease, or rent to our customers because of the ease of installation and the low sale price. It is a low-cost item to add to any lift truck that will ensure the visibility of these pieces of equipment backing up out of an aisle, trailer, etc.
- Somewhat new to the market is the Red Zone Danger Area Safety Light. The red zone light projects a safe zone red line on the floor at your desired distance away from the lift to which pedestrians should not cross when in contact with a lift truck. It is clearly visible on any indoor floor surface and ensures the safe distance of individuals to prevent accidents while in use. The red zone danger area safety light is easily installed to lift trucks and plugs directly into the lift. It is installed on the overhead guard and can be placed on all four sides.
- OSHA requirements for this safety accessory vary by application. The strobe light, or beacon, flashing light is only required by OSHA when pedestrians can see the light projected. For example, if you are operating your lift trucks outdoors during the daylight, there is no need for this part. Most, if not all indoor applications will require the lift truck to have a strobe light attached.
- In noisy to very loud environments a back up alarm may or may not be of use for a lift truck but in most applications it is very helpful to operators and pedestrians letting them know a lift truck is coming. Whether alerting pedestrians of the lift truck backing up out of an aisle or pulling out of a trailer, the back up alarm for lift trucks are one of the most popular features on our lift trucks.
- When operating a vehicle, what is the one thing that immediately comes to mind that you can use to loudly alert others of danger? Your horn, of course, which is why it would feel bare if an operator did not have the option to innately beep a horn when near pedestrians or other potential hazards. A number of Toyota forklift models have an optional rear assist grip which has an option to add an additional horn to. Any type of noise alert that can be administered to let oncoming traffic and pedestrians know that the lift truck is coming will reduce the risk of injury and accidents in the workplace.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE!
Check out the optional safety package we offer on all of our used forklifts.
In addition to our large inventory of used equipment for sale or lease, we have over 1,000 rental units available at competitive daily, weekly, or monthly rates.